DIY Upcycling Challenge


*I am part of the Chick-fil-A Mom Panel. From time to time I'm given promotional cards and other items for participating in various ways with the group. I love being a #ChickfilaMom!


 Around Valentine's Day I was sent 2 cards for soup and 2 cards for breakfast items at Chick-fil-A. The enclosed letter challenged me to use the cards for the soup and keep the containers to upcycle into something new.


Being that I just had a baby, it's been pretty difficult with 4 kids to get up to Chick-fil-A like we had been able to previously. I was just now able to get to the restaurant today and pick up my soups as well as my New Mommy Meal (more about that at a later time!)


I already had several ideas in mind and I was given another card for soup in a separate envelope. My kids helped me come up with a seed starter or mini greenhouse for one container. This will have our milkweed sproutlets growing in it. I also thought a baby bank would be cute for another. The last container I came up with was for a wipes dispenser or maybe even a container for trash bags.








I really enjoyed this challenge as I like to get crafty when I can and I am always saving items to use in projects later. This got me and my kids thinking outside the box and helping to reduce, reuse and recycle things into something useful around the house that we didn't know we needed.

I've taken a few pictures for this post but still need to finish eating the soup and creating the diy projects since I am barely getting any extra time for myself right now with a newborn. Pictures and anything extra I may need to add will be up after lunchtime tomorrow and no later than 6 tomorrow night.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post and please follow me/share my posts if you like them and want to see more posts like this one in the future.

   

Comments

  1. I have a different way of upcycling these! We actually wash them out and use them to put little fruit cups for the kids in there. :) You can also do so much more like starting seeds and the list goes on and on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Popped Passion Customized Popcorn Cakes

Kitty Kick Stix Catnip Kicker Toy - Review and Giveaway!

Beech-Nut® Naturals™ - Mommy Party