Truvía® Natural Sweetener Product Review

If it isn’t sugar, it isn’t “good” for you, right?!?  That has always been my impression, that anything other than pure sugar was artificial, and thus, not truly good for your body.  When my sampling of Truvía® arrived in my Love VoxBox from Influenster I was very skeptical about trying it out.  To ease my worries I did a little research first.  

Truvía’s® main ingredient is Erythritol which really sounds like a nasty chemical to me!  Actually, Erythritol is a naturally fermented sugar alcohol that is found in grapes and pears.  It’s made by a culture in a process like making yogurt from milk.  The culture is then filtered, dried, and crystallized, making it an ingredient that is 99% pure. 


My next question was why be concerned about using something other than sugar to sweeten my baked goods, drinks, fruit, etc.?? 
The American Heart Association quickly informed me that women should be getting no more than 6 teaspoons a day (100 calories) and men no more than 9 teaspoons (150 calories) of added sugar – those sweeteners and syrups that we add to our foods during processing or at the table.  So, if I can eliminate sugar, I can eliminate calories!  Truvia® is a zero-calorie sweetener made with the best tasting part of the stevia plant so it still tastes like natural sugar!

Finally, for me, it came down to taste.  I am one of those people who prefer the taste of natural sweeteners as opposed to artificial ones.  I also prefer the origin too.  Truvia® natural sweetener is natural and versatile, which makes it something I can enjoy.  So versatile that it is found in some of my favorite drink products already, including Vitamin Water Zero, Old OrchardBrands’ Cranberry Naturals, Powerade Play, and Crystal Light Pure.

Where To Buy
Truvia® natural sweetener is available at many chain grocery stores, Whole Foods Market and in most WalMart locations.

* I received Truvía® complimentary for testing and review purposes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popped Passion Customized Popcorn Cakes

Kitty Kick Stix Catnip Kicker Toy - Review and Giveaway!

Beech-Nut® Naturals™ - Mommy Party