The Old Navy Style Council ~ Summer Shorts Sampling Event!

Crowdtap & Old Navy are at it again and this time they gave free shorts out!
With all the places me and my family go over Spring and Summer, I find it only fitting to be dressed in something comfortable such as shorts, skirts & dresses which are affordably priced over at Old Navy! (especially when things are on sale or clearance)
As always, I have my personal little fashionista/stylist along for the ride and she's going to help me find some cute shorts and deals I just cant resist!
I clearly need to upgrade my wardrobe! As a mom (and I'm sure all parents are like this!) I make sacrifices so my children get everything they need and some of what they want and my wardrobe is one of those things that gets left out. I do have a 20 month old baby girl but I have had this shirt since before she was born and the jeans don't really fit anymore which need to be retired and exchanged for some shorts! I love how affordable it is to shop at Old Navy so for the most part it is my "one stop shop" and I have everything I need.
I chose these 2 pairs of shorts because they go with everything in my wardrobe, the length is long enough for my long legs and I feel comfortable enough to parade around town, the beach, the zoo...wherever and know that my bottom is covered! (unlike some others I've bought where I constantly had to worry about that) You can find many other colorful shorts here: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=68348
What's the good in jean shopping/splurging without picking out a few cute tops to try on with them? I just couldn't resist!
So many to choose from and if I could I would have bought the whole store! http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=72091
Both pairs of shorts were Women's Denim Cut-Off Shorts (3") and this one was the color "Horizon."
I loved the detail in this type of shirt: Women's Embroidered Mexicali Tanks
I decided that I needed "Bright White" & "Bright Nite" in this shirt. The Women's Denim Cut-Off Shorts (3") was in "Bright White" as well.
If you're like me, you like to layer some of your tanks. I do this mainly to smooth out any lines caused from my jeans and I like the look if the shirt isn't too tight. I decided to bring the "Bright White" & "Black Jack" Women's Crochet-Trim Rib-Henley Tanks in to try but decided I really didn't need them that bad.
I really loved this top! Women's Smocked-Gauze Keyhole Tanks The light material is great for those hot summer days but you will still look great in it. I did put a white shirt underneath because it is kind of see through but that is probably just for my comfort. I love the ruffles and that it is fitted at the hips also the little peep hole that ties in the front. I decided to get this in the purple and also turquoise colors because they seem to look the best with my complexion. I decided to get all the tops except for the black and white ones that I didn't really need and I bought the jean shorts since I liked both of them. When I go to Old Navy I always expect to buy something and this definitely was not a day that I left empty handed! There was deals all over the store and I enjoyed my shopping trip so much I went back twice since getting my free shorts!
Pictured here is my Memorial Day deal shopping trip (minus the turquoise shirt, I bought that during the last shopping trip I just didn't take it in with me when trying on the clothes) where I spent $27.34 on 6 camis ($5 regular price & discounted to $2) & Women's Metallic-Jeweled Capri Sandals and I saved $23.68!
The best compliment I think you could receive is from a close friend or family member. I get so much confidence when my sweetie tells me how great he thinks I look in the shirts I got because I know hes telling the truth. Anyways, again I love to layer certain shirts and I purposely bought the white and black in a small and the other colors in a medium so that the shirt underneath is peaking out a little bit. I also put a sports bra underneath and it gave it a third layer.
I've had my eye on these shoes for awhile now and when you go into Old Navy at times like Memorial Day you're likely to buy that special something too! I think I saw these shoes back during the Spring Dress Sample & Share and even took pictures of them but now they're mine! These bright and shining stars saved me almost $6 so I couldn't pass this up. I keep thinking that the perfect place to wear these would be the beach but boy are they sparkly!
I can happily say this was a very fun shopping trip to Old Navy. The best part of the whole trip was giving the extra coupon to a random lady that was looking at all the different kinds of shorts, I know I made her day! I found lots of great deals all over the store and my darling daughter was sure to point out what she liked and scolded me if I would ignore her or try to steal her Goldfish. Thanks for reading and I hope you will come back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popped Passion Customized Popcorn Cakes

Kitty Kick Stix Catnip Kicker Toy - Review and Giveaway!

Beech-Nut® Naturals™ - Mommy Party