Chick-fil-A Mom Panel Advice Questionnaire

With the closing of the 2016-2017 Chick-fil-A Mom Panel coming to an end I wanted to show my appreciation to Chick-fil-A by participating in this mom survey that was posted in the Facebook group yesterday. I thought I would share my answers with my audience as well so you can get a bit of insider scoop of some activities we get to participate in during the year. I will be sharing a few more things here and there now that I have a little time again.

Answering these questions for Chick-fil-A was an honor and if they choose some of my answers they may feature it in an article they will put up later on https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/.


  • Q1. - What is your child’s favorite way to eat Chick-fil-A, and how do you get your child to make healthier choices there? Do you order or do something specific in order for your kids to eat healthy? For example, cut up the food in a certain way, or combine different foods to get your kids to eat it? Do you stack up the grilled nuggets to make it fun?

  • Al. - Since everyone but the baby is able to eat Chick-fil-A we really don't have to do anything to make them eat there. As far as the fruit, it's been mushy and or sour so they don't tend to want it or don't eat much if they get one. They do love trading in their toy for icecream after they've eaten and played. My 6 year old asks for her free icecream in a cup and gets chocolate sauce on it and they happily oblige. My oldest 2 got jealous when she did that so now sometimes they get it that way too. I think a fun way to eat nuggets and waffle fries would be to make the fries be the bread and put the nuggets in between then make it into a sandwich.

  • Q2. - How do you deal with picky eaters?

  • A2. - I taught her how to use and make simple meals on the foreman grill. She actually wants to learn to make food so why not start now? She's almost 7 and can now make quesadillas, grilled cheese, mini tortilla pizzas, and a few other small things. Nothing fancy or hard but simple enough for her to make with my supervision and she doesn't go hungry because she's made something she will want to eat.

  • Q3. - What is your child’s favorite after-school snack, and how do you get your child to eat healthier snacks instead of junk food?

  • A3. - They are not big snack eaters and normally don't want junk food after school. I normally will serve a big bowl of cut up fruit or veggies with a little something to dip if desired. This tends to keep them happy until dinner but the older 2 do not get home until 5 so usually just go straight into dinner.

  • Q4. - What is your favorite on-the-go breakfast?

  • A4. - We have been trying some healthier protein bars just for kids recently. They don't have added bad ingredients so you know what you're giving them. They sometimes like a little drinkable yogurt, fruit like apple or banana, or a boiled egg or two.

  • Q5. - What’s your favorite “me time” activity, and how do you make time for yourself?

  • A5. - Haha! What's that?! With 4 kids it's nearly impossible to have me time and with a baby it's even harder. I do try and get a warm bubble bath and let dad take over with the kiddos for at least 30 minutes. I will also try and get a walk or run in. My 2 oldest children were playing Pokemon so I found it a treat to just get out of the house and go walking with them around our community catching Pokemon with them just to spend more time with them. I also hunt for free things online, grab a bowl of icecream, go out with a friend, play an online game on the phone or computer, or indulge in a show or  movie I've wanted to see.

  • Q6. - How do you transition your kids for bedtime? (For example, at the beginning of the school year.)

  • A6. - During the summer they do not have a set bedtime but once school time comes we try to do a week or two in advance. They need to start turning in their phones and being in their beds by 8 or 8:30 for the 6 almost 7 year old and 9:30 or 10 for the 12 and 13 year old. This just gets them in the habit of having a bedtime again and going to bed a little earlier then wakeup around the time they will start for school in the morning without being too grumpy because they stayed up too late.

  • Q7. - How do you avoid over-scheduling?

  • A7. - We typically take a poll with the kids and see what they are interested in that year to participate in. For now my oldest daughter is only interested in choir and art. She might participate in clubs for them but this year she has them as classes. As for my oldest son he has Boy Scouts on Monday and shooting club on Wednesday. In the past when we had something every night or more than one thing built up it just stressed us out. We try to avoid this as much as possible and it leaves more time for family and down time which we need to not be overly stressed from a busy schedule.

  • Q8. - What is your child’s favorite Chick-fil-A menu item?

  • A8. - They all like different things for different reasons. Of course the nuggets but for dessert they like the frosted lemonade, watermelon mint lemonade, and icedream in a cup with chocolate syrup. They always like their treats after they have played and finish their meal then trading in their toys for their treats.

  • Q9. - What is your best time-saving tip or trick? Both for eating a meal with little time to spare, or for saving time in general?

  • A9. - Ordering at home with the app then pickup is fast and easy! Ordering with the app in the restaurant is just as fast and easy as well. As far as any other tips for saving time...I wish I had the answer but would love to hear from others that know how. 

  • Q10. - How does your family do dinnertime?

  • A10. - When things get busy and hectic or we just don't know what to do for dinner and everyone starts getting hangry we just head to Chick fil A. There's something there for everyone to choose from and make us all happy again. We get to spend time together as adults while the kids play and then as a family. The more meals we can sit down as a family to enjoy together and share our day with one another the better and we can thank Chick fil A for helping achieve that if even just once a month.

  • Q11. - Any other must have advice you’d like to offer to other moms?

  • A11. - I always try to keep baby wipes on hand. It helps clean up messes in a pinch. I also use them for other things like after I've sneezed or need to wipe someones hands. I also keep hand sanitizer with me to help fight germs on the go. A small snack like Cheerios or a snack bar for when you're on the road and not near a Chick fil A just yet. Sometimes when we are in Chick fil A they have Cheerios for the little ones which is great to have. When my kids get a disposable placemat for their food sometimes I grab one for me. I like my food to be on a clean surface and you don't always know if someone just finished eating at the table you were at and if it is clean. This goes for any restaurant so why not take a few with you to have on hand in a questionable situation like that. We sometimes use them the mats at home for a messy craft for easy cleanup and would be perfect for a high chair to make it easier to clean after a baby has had baby food or finger foods. I could think of so many situations I might use the disposable mats for and I am glad they are almost always available at our local Chick fil As. 
You can sign up for MomSelect today and participate in fun panels like Chick-fil-A Mom Panel too. They will send you a registration survey to fill out and if you are a good fit then they will send you another email later letting you know that you are in the panel.

It has been so much fun participating in the 2016-2017 Chick-fil-A Mom Panel this year and I hope I am selected to participate for yet another year. If you get to apply then I hope you are selected too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popped Passion Customized Popcorn Cakes

Kitty Kick Stix Catnip Kicker Toy - Review and Giveaway!

Beech-Nut® Naturals™ - Mommy Party